Great news! My favorite PHP framework Laravel finally released version 4 after 5 public beta’s and months of waiting. Why am I so happy? Well.. it makes my job as a developer a lot simpler compared to my Zend Framework days.
Here’s why you must try Laravel
- – Smart framework: write less code (faster + easier)
- – Works with composer, the PHP plugin tool
- – Filters, events, rest, built-in auth, … it has it all out of the box
- – Elequent ORM: the smartest and easiest PHP ORM today!
- – Unit testing for all components
So what’s new in Laravel 4?
- – L4 now runs on PHP >= 5.3.7
- – PSR-0 code standards are used
- – Composer (packagist.org) instead of Laravel bundles
- – Lot’s of small but convenient little tweaks and options
- – Mail is now built in
- – L4 is built with Unit Testing in mind
- – Great community!
- – The command line tool (artisan) is now more powerful
Here’s what changed in L4: